Sump Pump Toronto
On January 13, 2020 Toronto’s extreme daily rainfall record for January from January 9, 1946 was broken. We received a crazy 59mm of rain on that day with reports of flooding along the Humber River, and road closures on Don Valley Parkway. 2020 sure had a peculiar start on many levels for just about everyone and it makes sense that you want to protect your family and your assets. The City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate is a great way to prevent basement flooding without breaking the bank.
When the snow and ice start to melt, sewers become overloaded, causing water to back up into your basement. Save yourself the hassle and the prohibitive costs by taking advantage of the city’s basement flooding protection program.
Are you eligible for the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate?
If you are the owner of a:
- Single-family home
- Triplex residential home
You are eligible to a subsidy of up to $3,400 (Backwater valve….$1250, Sump pump……….$1750) per property to install flood prevention devices or taking measures to prevent basement flooding, including:
- Backwater valve installation
- Sump pump Toronto installation
- Capping and severance of external weeping tile connection and storm sewers. (Please note: Hoerner Heating & Plumbing does not install these)
Applying for the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate
Your flood protection devices must be installed according to the requirements to be eligible for the subsidy. In order to apply for the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate, you must download the application form.
- You will require a building permit if you wish to install a backwater valve and this will be inspected by the Toronto Building officers upon completion.
- You will need to complete and sign the Consent to Enter Form to install a sump pump and backwater valve. This must be included with your application for a Permit, and it authorizes Toronto Building personnel to verify that the installation follows the requirements of the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate program.
Hoerner Heating & Plumbing can assist you with the required devices and application for the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate. Only contractors with valid City of Toronto licenses may install these devices if you wish to be eligible for the rebate.
Contact us today to discuss your options in terms of the City of Toronto Sump Pump Rebate.